Tuesday, August 14, 2007

lil update

Tomorrow I will meet my counterparts, which will be very interesting. I only have a few more days in UB until I leave for my site. I am excited to live somewhere!! Everyone has been enjoying all the things that are available in UB, such as food that's not Mongolian, and free internet at the peace corps office. Yesterday, we visited the Prime Minister's building, the U.S. Embassy, and a few other places. Today, I went to a violence shelter and a Monastery. I love visiting the Monastery's and find them fascinating. I got to experience part of their "service" and take a look around. No pictures this time. In one of the buildings there was a 60 foot tall gold statue of buddha. It was intense, but amazing. It is interesting to walk around a place that is filled with people praying. There is a calmness in the air. I'm going to make an effort to learn more about buddhism before I visit another Monastery.


I don't really have a solid train of thougt right now, so I'm going to end this post.....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi there mongolian grl i enjoing to read about ur adventure
and im very glag that u enjoing it too and u ok over there