Tuesday, October 16, 2007

boring...

10-16-07
Life in Arvaikheer has been going pretty good. I am happy with my site placement and feel it leaves lots of room for movement. The people I work with are great. They really care about their work and seem like they would be very willing to get involved in the different things that I can conjure in my head. I often find my mind reeling with ideas of things to do…in due time…
I was sad to find out today that one of my coworkers will be going to the capital to study for four months.
I am sad to report that Tony (my dog) has had a rough time since I gave him to somebody else. I see him every once in a while, and feed him whenever I can.
Stoney (my cat) is doing good. He is a little crazy and is a lot of fun to watch. I bought him a mouse toy that he absolutely LOVES and his other favorite toy is a box that I received a package in. It is so entertaining to watch him jump in the box, jump out, grab the mouse, jump in, jump out, and repeat over and over again. I took a video, maybe I will post it one day. He’s such a sweet cat with interesting tendencies. I think he learned a few tricks from Tony….like biting. I’ve never known a cat to bite things the way he does. So, he can be a pain sometimes, but he usually provides good company.
Many people that I speak with ask about the weather…..so here it goes. If you read my other posts, you know that it snowed. I was soooo excited and it was beautiful! The days since then have been surprisingly warm and the snow is just about all melted. I have heard from some people that this is one of the longest falls they have had in a long time. Fine by me! According to Mongolians, I live in one of the warmest places in Mongolian, which is also ok with me. Of course, I must keep in my, it’s still Mongolian, and I will freeze my ass off come winter.
I have found myself becoming extra interested in reconnecting with people I haven’t talked to in a long time. I love hearing from old friends, family friends, and of course all my extended family, so keep the e-mails coming!!!
On that note, I miss you and love you all!!! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

No comments: