Monday, September 1, 2008

visitors?

I am writing this letter to those people who I feel have sincerely expressed interest in coming to Mongolia to visit. Some have asked me when would be the best time and I have been very vague. The best thing I can say is to come when time permits you. Things in Mongolia aren’t really planned in advance, so I hope to travel around Mongolia after I COS (close of service) but this can not be guaranteed. If anyone is interested in this possibility, let me know. I am now beginning my second year in Mongolia and we are well into fall. Winter will begin around Novemberish and continue through the end of February. March, April, and May are spring, which means wind and dust storms. As for holidays, there is tsagaan sar in February and Naadam in July. It really depends on what type of experience you are looking for. Summer is obviously the best time for travel, but it is still possible to travel other parts of the year. As for my work, I technically work all year, but there are slower parts in January/February and in the summer. I have 20-something vacation days left and can take vacation if needed. If you truly intend on coming, now is the time to starting thinking about it. Also, keep in mind that even if I have to work, I can still send you in the proper directions for cool adventures. Any questions? Let me know!

Love,
Robin

No comments: